Quincy Air Compressors Review 2018 -That Every User Needs
You will stumble upon many Quincy air compressors reviews on the Internet. The challenge, however, is finding the best Quincy air compressor reviews that will meet your needs. For starters, Quincy air compressors have been in use for a long time and are have a high reputation for exceptional performance and delivery. Thanks to the compressors top-class performance, you are guaranteed of a constant supply of dry and pressurized air around the clock.
What makes this air compressors stand out from the rest? What options are available? How do the compressors work? What features should you look out for while choosing an air compressor? Read the review below to learn more!
- 1 Top 5 Quincy air compressors -comparison Chart
- 2 How to Choose best Quincy Air Compressors
- 3 Best Piston Quincy Air Compressors Reviews
- 3.1 1. Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
- 3.2 2. Quincy Single Stage 2 HP 26-Gallons Tank Gas Powered Air Compressor
- 3.3 3. Quincy Single-Stage Air Compressor with 20 Gallon Tank and 2 HP
- 3.4 4. Quincy QT-7-5 Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor
- 3.5 5. Quincy QT-5 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor With MAX Package
- 3.6 Safety Measures While Dealing With Air Compressors
- 4 Conclusion
Top 5 Quincy air compressors -comparison Chart
- Quincy QT-5 Splash Lubricated
Editors First Choice
Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated
- Quincy QT-7.5 Splash Lubricated
- Quincy Single-Stage Air Compressor - 2 HP, 115 Volt
- Quincy Single-Stage Air Compressor
How to Choose best Quincy Air Compressors
There is a wide array of compressors to choose from depending on your needs. The compressors range from simple DIY to industrial applications and they bear varying features that make them suitable for their respective jobs.
Why Should You Choose Quincy Air Compressors?
For starters, the Quincy air compressors are easy to work with and maintain. They have high-quality parts with cutting-edge technology for effective working. Additionally, they are strong, durable and spare parts are readily available. The compressors are eco-friendly, do not consume too much power, or produce too much noise. They can be used with a wide array of pneumatic and air tools too.
Here is the ultimate guide to choosing the best Quincy air compressor reviews:
Portable vs. Stationery compressor
Portable compressors are lightweight and can be moved around. They are ideal for simple tasks such as pumping and powering pneumatic tools.
However, the stationery compressors are large and heavy and meant to stay in one place. They have greater power; provide a greater PSI and CFM output making them suitable for heavy tasks.
What power source do you intend to use? The air compressors use gas engines or electric motors. Air compressors with gas engines can be used in any setting where there is no electricity and are easily portable. Certain gas-powered compressors have features that make them easy to carry around.
Electrical compressors require electricity to power them. However, they should be used indoors, free from moisture and humidity. Gas and diesel compressors should be used outdoors.
The tank size is an important feature in a compressor. The tank acts as the storage capacity for the compressed air and its size affects the efficiency of the machine. Compressors with large tanks are ideal for tools that utilize ongoing air. Smaller tanks are suitable for tools used intermittently.
The size tank is measured in gallons. Some of the common tank designs include pancake, pontoon, twin-stack, and wheelbarrow compressors. The tanks can be as little as 20 gallons to as has high as 60-80 gallon tanks.
Single stage vs. Two Stage Air Compressors
Air compressors use a pump to generate air and compress it in a tank. Single-stage compressors compress the air directly to the storage tank. The dual stage compressors pump the air twice in both stages before reaching the final discharged pressure. The choice is based on the CFM requirements of the intended work.
Single-stage compressors are ideal for light tasks as they produce little air power. Two-stage compressors produce more power that can run tools for a long time.
Oil or oil free compressor
Some Quincy air compressors parts need oil lubrication for the parts to move or else they will break down. They tend to be heavier. The oil-free compressors need no lubrication and are lightweight and compact. They are commonly used in clean room operations that rely on free-fluid air such as hospitals and laboratories.
Best Piston Quincy Air Compressors Reviews
Here is a list of selected Quincy compressors with the best features, pros, and cons in the market. Read on!
1. Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
It is a Quincy air compressor vertical model 60-gallon tank compressor with a starter motor and inbuilt thermal load. It has a working PAI of 145-175 and a pump RPM of 1310. It is a gas-powered air and stationery compressor ideal for industrial purposes. It is engineered for efficiency and lower costs of operation as it produces more compressed power at a lower horsepower. It runs at a lower RMP and boasts of a 30000-hour pump life rating. It is a single-stage compressor with low-oil protection and an after-cooler.
The 60 gallon and vertical compressor tank save on space making it ideal to use on limited spaces. The tank holds plenty of air without occupying too much space. Use it to run heavy and medium duty grinder, painting gears, and other pneumatic tools with a lot of ease.
2. Quincy Single Stage 2 HP 26-Gallons Tank Gas Powered Air Compressor
The Quincy air compressor 26-gallon vertical tank is portable and gas powered. It is long-lasting and produces a high CFM per horsepower which delivers more air and gets work done effectively. It is ideal for consumer and commercial application.
Other features include 2 HP, low RMP, and an extra-quiet pump with cast iron cylinder. It has an aluminum and special fin design that helps disperse the heat allowing the running cooler to last longer. The automatic start-stop pressure is designed to start the compressor when the system goes down automatically. It has 8.3 CFM and 100 working PSI pressure that allows it to power a wide range of tools. It is easy to maintain, thanks to its easy-access manual drain.
You do not need to worry about incurring additional expenses if it breaks down or stops working. The manufacturer offers one-year factory warranty that covers defects in workmanship and materials.
3. Quincy Single-Stage Air Compressor with 20 Gallon Tank and 2 HP
The Quincy Single-Stage Air Compressor has three tank configurations with the vertical one being more popular. It is belt-driven and had a cast –iron cylinder that makes it durable. It has 2 HP 115-volt portable units that come with a ¼ inch pressure gauge and regulator, and a 6” power. Its ergonomic design makes it portable on the job site. It has an auto-start pressure that automatically starts when the pressure goes down.
The single stage compressor has a sturdy reliability that enables it to run for long making it suitable for DIY and commercial applications. Its cast iron cylinder, valve plate, and the crankshaft is engineered to dissipate heat and allow the running cooler to last for longer periods. The strong and durable cylinder tank has a special fin design and aluminum head keeps the compressor running cool for long.
You do not have to worry about restarting the system manually when the system pressure drops. The Quincy air compressor parts have an automatic start-stop pressure switch making the machine’s operations effective.
It is easy to maintain, thanks to its easy to access manual drain. It also comes with a fully-enclosed belt guard that protects the belt and the user. Its 8.3 CF at 400 PSI working pressure enables the compressor to run a wide array of air tools.
4. Quincy QT-7-5 Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor
Quincy QT-7-5 Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor is a 14 HP Kohler gas engine stationery compressor with an 80-gallon horizontal tank. It is an industrial –duty motor with a pump RMP of 1060 and a 2-cylinder pump design. Its 2-cylinder pump design enables it to run a wide range of air tools for a long time. Its manual ball valve is heavy duty and easy –to- reach. It also has an extra-capacity oil reservoir for low oil temperatures that makes the air compressor effective.
The air compressors are designed for efficiency and reduced costs of operation. It is known to produce more compressed power at a lower HP. Also, it runs at a reduced RPM and runs cooler thereby reducing the operations costs. The heavy duty compressor is ideal for industrial applications with a 50000-hour pump life rating. It delivers as per your demands and you can trust its reliability. The manufacturer offers a two-year warranty on the compressor and three years on onsite parts and labor.
5. Quincy QT-5 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor With MAX Package
Quincy QT-5 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor with MAX Package is an industrial and duty general purpose compressor with features that promote its efficiency. It is a Quincy air compressor 80-gallon vertical tank with a working PSI of 145-175. It has less than 5 PPM oil carry-over rating. It also has a wired magnetic starter for ease of use.
The compressor is designed for adeptness and cost-saving thanks to its MAC configuration features such as the automatic tank drain, a heavy duty aftercooler, and low oil shut down. It has a pump-life of 50000 hours rating making it ideal for industrial applications.
The compressor has a magnetic starter load and power failure protection features. Its balanced cast iron flywheel promotes durability and energy efficiency. It has an aluminum head that dissipates heat enabling the system to run for longer periods.
Quincy Air Compressors Reviews: Potential Hazards and Accidents
When dealing with pressurized air it is important to practice caution especially under high pressure. Dangerous explosions can occur when there is excessive heat.
• When air exceeds the ignition temperature, there will be an explosion of the impurities present in the piping and air.
• Improper maintenance and operating procedures can cause bodily harm and damage to the compressor parts. Be on the lookout for loose fitting parts that need repairs or replacements.
• Using the recommended fuel or gasoline to degrease or clean the compressor parts such as cylinders, filters and air passages. Using distillate oil or gasoline will vaporize and form a highly explosive mixture with air under compression.
•Loosely hanging hose pipes and cords on the floor, or improperly placed air compressors are a health hazard and might you to fall and trip.
• Pneumatic tools generate static electricity and must be grounded when they are active. The presence of combustible and flammable elements such as explosive and fuel would be disastrous. For instance, a fire would break out.
Safety Measures While Dealing With Air Compressors
Safety is a concern in any working environment. While dealing with the high-powered air compressor, even the smallest mishandling of Quincy air compressors parts might be disastrous and costly.
How do you promote safety while dealing with air compressors? Here a few helpful tips.
1. Reading the manual will help you understand how to run, operate and handle the machine. Understanding the contents of the will give a wealth of information that will keep everyone safe.
2. Always connect the air compressor to the air source. Loose and weak parts corresponding to another piece of equipment jeopardizes performance and cause injuries.
3. If anything goes wrong with the air supply or any other part, shut off the power
source before going near it.
4. Ensure your air compressor is well-lubricated for maximum efficiency. Always apply the recommended lubricant for the given tool.
5. Do not place your hands or allow your clothes and hair near the end of any active pneumatic tool. The active end should face away from your body or clothes
6. The hoses and cords should not hang on the floor or aisles. Suspend them overhead to reduce chances of tripping and cutting power sources.
7. Conduct basic maintenance for the compressor parts on a regular basis.
8. Use compressors that run on gas or diesel engines in outdoor work environments.
9. Be mindful of others within your space. Ensure no one is standing too close to the running machines that might be potentially dangerous.
10. Always wear your protective gear for the ears and eyes. Protect your lungs from the toxins present in the air. The side effects might not be apparent but they will show years down the line.
The Quincy QT-54 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Compressor with MAX Package tops the list from our best Quincy air compressors reviews. The 80 gallon Quincy air compressor has a vertical tank that takes up little space. It has a wired magnetic starter, 145-175 working PSI, and less than 5 PPM oil carry -over rating makes the compressor effective to operate and run. It also has MAC features configurations features such as the heavy-duty after cooler, automatic tank drain, and low oil shut down is engineered to save costs and improve its performance. You do not have to worry about power failure damaging some of the compressor parts, thanks to the power failure protection features. Lastly, its 50,000-hour pump-life makes it suitable for industrial and DIY applications.