Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor Review
Are you looking for reliable and robust equipment that has industrial strength and capabilities? Are you looking for a well designed, long-serving air compressor? Do you want an air compressor with a big bore engineering pump that ensures higher productivity and quicker recovery? Would you be pleased working with an air compressor which has a larger air intake? Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP air compressor has been made for you. It is unique and has premium features. It serves you in different capacities and is a heavy duty air compressor. You can move it if the job demands.
- 1 Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Features
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Features
Portability is an important thing to consider. This is dependent on the kind of job. This model suits you when you want to work from a central place as well as when your job calls for movement. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP air compressor weighs 80 pounds. This does not limit you from carrying if your job demands. You can use a dolly to carry it to your convenient locations. The air compressor is also built with a heavy duty roll cage which has a built-in carry grip. It can be run by a generator or electricity making it easy for you to power it from any location.
When buying an air compressor, we must be sure of its power source. Makita MAC2400 air compressor guarantees maximum performance with 15amp or 110-115 volt circuit. This means that any circuit in your home can power it as long as there is no high drain device being powered by the same source. While starting it up, the air compressor may take up to 13 amp but after some time, it may peak up to 15 amp. During cold seasons, the user may have a hard time starting the air compressor, but to avoid the hassle, it is better you start it from a garage, a workshop or an enclosed area.
Nobody will buy an air compressor that is not performing as per their expectations. This is not a lightweight air compressor and therefore it must be very effective. Those who bought it before have used it for DIY, automotive, non-intensive professional and other heavy duty tasks. The low start up amp lowers the chances of tripled beakers while starting. This is a heavy duty capable of doing a lot of work. It comes with a 4-pole motor and this makes it easy to handle a lot of tasks at a go.
The size of the tank
This is a key determinant of the device effectiveness. This is indeed a big bore. The tank 4.2 gallon is large enough for most of its jobs. There are two mini tanks which are linked together behind the roll cage of the compressor. The size of the tank ensures an increased output from high compression and faster recovery. For general use the tanks, size is large enough and during recharge cycles, it regains within 60 seconds.
Noise level and maintenance
Considering this is a heavy duty, noise may be inevitable. It produces 79 dB of noise while running. This noise level is acceptable for a heavy duty air compressor. For maintenance, it is necessary to bleed the air tank after use, change the lubrication oil when it is visibly dark and apply the general dusting and care. This prolongs the life of your air compressor. It is easy to monitor it as the indicator window provides a visual representation of the oil cooler.
- Makita MAC2400 big bore 2.5 HP air compressor has a high CFM rating.
- The air compressor comes with a well-designed roll cage for protection
- The cylinder is made of cast hence durable
- The two hose outlet makes it easy for the user to use it with more flexibility
- It is less noisy compared to other heavy duty machines. This makes it possible for the user to use it at any location.
- The air compressor can be powered by both a generator and electricity
- While using it, there are lesser chances to have tripled breakers due to less amp consumption
- Its rugged, high-quality construction makes it handle severe job site conditions and gives it a prolonged life
- The weight of the compressor is too much and sometimes maybe hectic moving it if the job demands
- Some external kits may not be able to perform perfectly with the air compressor.
- Depending on the applications, the tank size may not be sufficient and may require frequent recharging.
• Powerful 2.5 HP 4 hole motor produces 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI
• 4.2-gallon tank that has the ability to sustain an operating pressure of 130 psi
• A big bore engineered pump with a cast iron cylinder
• Weights 81 pounds
• Roll cage construction
• Best performance with 15 amp/ 110-115 volt circuit
• Oil lubricated pump that runs quietly
• Pump runs at lower RPM hence lower noise of 79 dB
• Large automotive style industrial air filter
• Oil sight glass
• Built-in thermal overload for additional motor protection
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the Makita mac2400 run a framing nail gun, light home duty, not full-time framing?
I am totally sure it could.
I love Makita, tools and would want to know what the exact max amp draw is?
This has to do with the starting current.
Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP air compressor is a product that gives good value for your money. I recommend the unit since it is reliable and performs well in diverse environments. It is efficient,
Makita MAC2400 is a less noisy, high performing, reliable, heavy duty, less power consuming oil lubricated air compressor. It weighs 81 pounds and has two hose pipes. It comes with 4 poles motor, 4.2-gallon tank, a big bore engineered pump with a cast iron cylinder, a roll cage construction.